Wednesday 4 June 2008

First Cretan night of 2008

Firstly I will apologise for the poor quality of the pictures, I am having technical problems with taking pictures in the dark.
Today was the first Cretan night of the year and this year they will be very special. This year all of the musicians and dancers are from the village. In addition all of the dances are Cretan, with no Greek dances included. Nico, pictured below with Ritza, has been training the dancers over the winter. Niko is a wonderful dancer and talented Lyra player and singer. I think the dancers this year danced better as a team than previously, so well done all of you. Another thing I loved about this years dancing is the inclusion of the junior group who danced exceptionally well for their age.
If any tech bods out there want to advise me I have a Nikon Coolpix 3700 and cannot take moving pictures in the dark when there are lights around too.....





No comments: