Saturday 7 April 2007

An Early Easter miracle !!













Well it had to happen, I went to church last night!! My friend Kath encouraged me to go into the church with her whilst the Big Friday service was going on. It was actually really nice and both the mens and womens choirs were singing. It seemed like there were hundreds of people in there and as more came in some left to make room. I lit a candle and enjoyed the spectacle. The miracle is that the church is still standing! At 10pm everyone left the church to walk the streets of the village and visit all the central churches. The entire evening was accompanied by special sound effects provided by bangers and mortar bombs, which were throw in gardens, empty buildings and drains along the route with seemingly hundreds thrown into the centre of the square when we got back there. After an hour and 45 minutes we arrived back at the church, where they prayed for another 10 minutes before disbanding.
I returned home at 1.30 to find that Ginger had abandoned her kittens in their box and was hiding under the kitchen sink unit in absolute terror. I think I will have to leave the TV on tonight to deaded the noise as it promises to be an even bigger night!!

No comments: